South Bellevue Community Center
Through partnerships and exceptional customer service, South Bellevue Community Center provides accessible opportunities for recreation, fitness, education, and celebrations to build a healthy community.
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday - 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday - 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Reduced hours -
6 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Day before Thanksgiving
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Veterans' Day, day after Thanksgiving, day after Christmas.
8 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Christmas Eve day, New Year's Eve day
- SBCC closed - New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Annual Maintenance Closure - usually the end of August through the beginning of September. Dates will be announced annually.
Fitness Classes and Gym Schedule
Location & Directions
The SBCC is located at Eastgate Park, a 25-acre park transferred to the City of Bellevue by King County in January 2003. Eastgate Park is located on SE Newport Way across from the Newport Library.
- From I-90 East, take exit 11; turn right on 150th Avenue SE; turn right onto SE Newport Way; and the Park is on your left side (south).
From I-90 West; take exit 11 and merge left onto 150th Avenue SE; turn right at SE Newport Way; the Park is on your left side (south).
- Mapquest map and directions
Inclement Weather Plan
Call 425-452-4240 before travelling to SBCC to ensure the facility is open.
In the event of inclement weather, the City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department will make every effort to clearly communicate the status of facilities and programs, scheduled special events and rentals. Administration will make an operational decision based upon the safety of participants and employees and the ability to appropriately staff programs and facilities.
As a general rule, if the Bellevue School District is closed due to a weather event, all Parks & Community Services Department classes and programs will be cancelled for the entire day. If the Bellevue School District is on a delayed schedule, call the facility for an updated status report. Select facilities may be open for drop-in activities at a modified level. If you are unable to reach the facility, call the Parks & Community Services Dept.'s general information number at 425-452-6885.
Inclement weather can affect park use and trail conditions. Please use caution when visiting park sites during poor weather, as trails and other park facilities may become wet and slippery. Park trails may be closed.
Programs & Services
With an overarching theme of health and wellness, SBCC’s comprehensive programs include: group fitness classes, individual cardio/strength workouts, drop-in sports, recreational activities and educational programs for all ages. Take advantage of the many services at SBCC for health education and enhancement. Fill out a Health History Questionnaire. Packets must be completed prior to Personal Trainer and Fitness Assessment appointments, and a physician's consent may be required for these services based upon age and health history. Youth ages 13-17 may participate in these services with a waiver signed and a parent/guardian present. Adult does not need to be present after initial personal trainer appointment. Please consult with a Customer Service Representative regarding fees and scheduling appointments.
Personal training is revolutionizing the way people look, move and feel. It is a major part of preventative medicine and improving quality of life. SBCC's nationally-certified trainers will:
- Help you set up realistic goals.
- Create an individualized program set up to your specific needs, goals and lifestyle.
- Screen for muscular imbalances and weaknesses.
- Teach you to maximize your cardio program to save you from wasting time.
- Teach you how to control portion sizes and create a healthy lifestyle change in the way you eat.
- Teach you how to properly use resistance training to achieve your goals and enhance your body's performance.
Programs for all ages:
- Meet new people, expand your knowledge or learn a new skill by participating in social and recreational classes, programs and special events for older adults and preschool ages.
- Is the weather preventing your young children from playing outside? Bring them to Parent/Child Drop-In to play in the indoor playground. SBCC has lots of new, exciting and fun toys and opportunities to play with other children.
- Ensure your child or teen is safe and doing something positive after school by participating in the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue Project Learn afterschool program or Teen Open Gym. The fun continues with full-day care on School-Out Days and camps during winter, spring and summer breaks.
- Natural Start Preschool is a nature-based program for 3-5 year olds, combining traditional kindergarten readiness with access to nature, physical activity and environmental learning. Please call 425-891-0764 for more information.
- Double Gym
- Exercise and Fitness Facilities
- Indoor Climbing Wall
- Game Room
- Multi-Purpose Room w/ Kitchen
- Challenge Course
- Picnic Area
- Athletic Fields
Exercise & Fitness
The South Bellevue Community Center is located at Eastgate Park, on SE Newport Way across from the Newport Library.
From I-90 East - take exit 11 towards Spokane; turn right on 150th Avenue SE; turn right onto SE Newport Way; and the Park is on your left side (south).
From I-90 West - take exit 11 and merge left onto 150th Avenue SE; turn right at SE Newport Way; the Park is on your left side (south).
View Trail Detail
14509 SE Newport Way
Map / Directions
Monday to Thursday: 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For Reduced Hours and Closed days, see text to the left.
Related Parks, Trails & Facilities
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue
Other Parks, Trails & Facilities Nearby